E911 Map- $1
Plat Book- $30
Additional mailing fees will apply if mailing is requested. Payment must be received before the item will be mailed.
Real Estate Forms:
Affidavit of Name Change Due to Marriage or Divorce: $5 document fee and $5 notary fee
Affidavit of Death Terminating Life Estate: $0 document fee. This document has to be recorded and recording fees will apply.
If you own a business in an unicorporated area of Des Moines County and wish to sell or serve beer or liquor you must have a beer/liquor license. For further information please visit the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division.
If you own a business in an unicorporated area of Des Moines County and wish to sell cigarettes you must have a cigarette permit. For further information please visit the State of Iowa.
Groups that wish to display fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Des Moines County must obtain approval from the board of supervisors.
Applications may be made only by:
2. Fair Associations
3. Amusement Parks
5. Groups of Individuals
Applicants MUST obtain pre-approval of the display from the Fire Chief having jurisdiction at the site of the display location.
Upon approval by the appropriate Fire Chief, an applicant shall obtain the signature of the Fire Chief on the application. Applicants may then submit the completed application and fee to the Des Moines County Auditor.
Applications shall include:
1. The names, addresses, and phone numbers for the applicant, sponsor, and operator of the display;
2. The date, time, and location of the display, including any rain date(s);
3. The qualifications of the operator of the display;
4. Detailed fire prevention measures;
5. Signature from the respective Fire Chief or Designee approving the display (see listing below);
6. The Applicant's signature acknowledging an understanding of the proper handling of fireworks and providing a hold harmless/indemnification provision; and
7. An itemized description of the display, including the type of fireworks that will be used.
It is recommended that applications and fee be submitted to the County Auditor at least 14 days in advance of the proposed display date.
The application will then be scheduled for consideration on the next available meeting date for the Des Moines County Board of Supervisors. Applicants will be notified of the Board's decision.
Fireworks may only be discharged between sunrise and 11 p.m. CST.
One-day event: $20
Multi-day events: $50
Make checks Payable to the Des Moines County Auditor.
|Fire Department||Fire Chief||Phone Number|
|Burlington- Concordia, Union, Flint River, and Tama Twp||Mark Crooks||319-753-9396||Email Mark Crooks|
|Danville-Danville and Pleasant Grove Twp||Bryon Heater||319-392-8181||Email Bryon Heater|
|Mediapolis-Benton, Franklin, Huron, Jackson, and Yellow Spring Twps||Jeff Kerr||319-759-1833||Email Jeff Kerr|
|Washington Twp||John Crouch||563-212-0755||Email John Crouch|