How Do I...?
Click to Home

Go To Search
Follow us on Facebook
Veterans Affairs
Overview of the Veterans Affairs Office
Des Moines County Veterans Affairs Office was established per Chapter 35B of the Code of Iowa. The Commission was established to assist all Des Moines County Veterans who have other than a dishonorable discharge, and served on active duty at least 90 consecutive days. We also serve veteran's spouses and dependent children. Monetary relief can be given to indigent veterans to assist with bills pertaining to rent, utilities, clothing, medical treatment, food, and funerals.

Assistance is also given to help veterans and their dependents to file for VA pensions/compensation, to apply for admission to the Iowa Veterans Home, and to get help from the VA Hospitals.

Additional Assistance & Help
Other help is given to assist veterans in getting copies of Military Discharges and other military records, to get any military medals or awards they may be eligible for, to apply for education benefits, to get head-stones for a deceased veterans grave, to apply for home loans, to apply for GI Insurance, and any other assistance a veteran might need as a result of being in the military.

Bob Housewright
Executive Director, Korean Era

Commission of Veteran Affairs
910 Cottonwood
Ste. 1001
Burlington, IA 52601

Ph: (319) 752-7171


Monday - Friday
7:00 am to 11:00 am
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm