Statement of Purpose
The agency specifies its overall purposes as:
- The promotion and maintenance of health.
- The prevention of disease and disability.
- Comprehensive care of the sick and disabled in the home.
- Collaboration and coordination with other groups in developing and implementing community health programs.
- Contribution to knowledge which would effect improvements in community health practice.
- The promotion and maintenance of a healthy environment.
The mission of Des Moines County Public Health is to improve, protect and promote the health, the environment and well being of residents of Des Moines County.
Flu vaccines are being given during regular immunization clinics Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM at 522 N Third Street, Burlington, Iowa. The cost is $35. Medicare Part B, Humana, United Healthcare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid MCOs for children and other major insurances will be accepted. Please bring insurance cards with you.
These clinics are public and flu shots are offered to anyone 6 months or older.
For more information, call (319) 753-8290
How to contact the Des Moines County Public Health Department - Multilingual AssistanceLink to page
Des Moines County Public Health Department Non-Discrimination PolicyLink to page
CalendarLink to page
Board of Health ProgramsLink to page
Environmental Health ProgramsLink to page
Flu Information and ResourcesLink to page
Individuals to ContactLink to page
Information for Lead ProfessionalsLink to page
Nursing ProgramsLink to page
Recipe of the Month
2019 Calendar Steps to Living HealthyLink to page